domenica 7 ottobre 2012

Victoria & Albert museum - London

Hello everybody!!
It's been a while since I last posted something on my blog and I really have to apologize. I have been very busy lately with my uni application (I got in!) and my house moving consequent to my successful application at uni here in England! So now i am officially writing my first post from my new home: Rochester, a ''sweet'' little (very quiet) place in Kent, England. Here is actually not that bad after all and I love the university (UCA Rochester). Moreover it ''only'' takes 40 mins by train to get to my beloved London, and I am trying to go there everytime I can.
At the same time I am trying to get used to this new lifestyle - this is the first time I live by myself so it's a brand new experience for me and I am finding it very interesting and helpful. I can really feel I am becoming an adult because I have to deal with everything by myself being not only alone in a different city, but alone in a different country!
Anyway I don't want to bore you all with my boring private life so here it is, this post's topic:
The Fashion Department at The Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
First of all let me say something: it is just amazing that you don't have to buy a ticket to get into this gorgeous museum so please leave a 1£ donation if you can because it supports the development and mantenaince of the V&A and it deserves it.
Now let's really get into the topic.
The Fashion department is very very interesting - most of all if you're interested in Fashion History and the development of the industry.
I found very original the way they put on display not only ancient garments as the ones you can see in the pictures I took (below), but also new designer's creations as some fascinating Alexander McQueen's masterpieces. Showing all of these in the same room allows you to actually connect the old garments to the new ones, understanding the importance they had and still have for designers.
...
Now I will finally shut up and let the images speak for me :)
 
 




 




 





 

This male suits here remind me of Jane Austen's ''Pride and Prejudice''...





I love the lace deatils on the veil - really gorgeous!


 





 




 
This coat is one of my favourite pieces in the V&A: it's just gorgeous and it could fit perfectly into one of the A/W 2012 collections!





 











 


I am definitely in love with those sandals :)









Vintage Dior necklace...what else?





 



And then Mary Quant...hell yeah!





 




 
My second fav of this exhibition was this Balenciaga hat - it's gorgeous! I love the simple lines and its black classy colour and I would wear it straight away (if i only had one...)



 


It's all about the details guys...







 

2 commenti:

  1. I love your blog, and posts. V&A is amazing I used to work on their Fashion in Motions shows doing the make up when i lived in London, I can't wait for the FAshion in the Movies exhibiton. I'd love to follow your blog can't see the icon.. and i'm not on blog lovin.
    Hope you've a grea weekend
    xxnicki

    nicki fannings blogspt. be great if you could check out my blog

    RispondiElimina
  2. lovely photos! would you like to follow each other? let me know!

    RispondiElimina